Yet, as Hopkins points out, a presidential decision to halt MacArthur's drive short of the Philippines in favor of a single axis of advance on Japan in the Central Pacific would have been hard to explain to the American public and also would have reduced MacArthur's--and the US Army's--role to that of bit players in Japan's defeat.
What does AA stand for?
AA stands for Axis of Advance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AA
We have 149 other meanings of AA in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Associator
- Automobile Association (England)
- Autos Anciennes Garage (French automotive repair company)
- Avenue of Approach
- Average Audience
- Avian Adventures (bird products)
- Aviation Archive (publication)
- Avro Arrow (aviation)
- Axillary Arch (area near the shoulder)
- Axis & Allies (game)
- Battery Size
- Bra Size
- Intermediate Level of League (minor league baseball)
- No sickle-cell Anemia (allele rendering; no sickling gene)
- Second Highest Level of Division I College Athletics (United States)
- Stock and Bond Rating
- USDA Grade for Dairy Products and Eggs
- Armor, Armament, and Ammunition
- Accurate Appraisals and Estates (Denver, CO)
- Arms, Ammunition, & Explosives
Samples in periodicals archive:
Considering the big inertia of the main kinematic axis of the mechanisms and the fact that the reversing of the advancing movement takes place only in the kinematic axis of advance, the influence of the dynamic load on the modification of the angle speed U0i of the engine M is negligible.
Atop the heights, now the "key-point of the battlefield" and astride the Plank Road, the Confederate main axis of advance, Captain Charles Best, XII Corps Artillery Chief, wheeled 18 rifles and 16 smoothbores--a total of 34 guns--into position.