The study showed an increased risk in females, but it was unclear as if gender-specific differences in the eye, such as axial length differences or environmental factors related to lifestyle, account for why women are more at risk for this disease.
What does AL stand for?
AL stands for Axial Length
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AL
We have 89 other meanings of AL in our Acronym Attic
- Assisting Layer
- Aster Leafhopper
- Astronautics Laboratory
- Atomic Learning
- Attoliter (10 E^-18, one quintillionth)
- Auroral Electrojet index lower
- Authorized Leave with Pay
- Autonomic Logistics
- Auxiliary Lighting
- Awami League (Bangladesh)
- St. Albans (postcode for a village)
- Australian Light Railway
- Alexandria, Loudoun, and Hampshire Railroad
- Allstate Life and Savings
- Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (US Army magazine)
- Alcohlics Anonymous (support group for loves ones of alcoholics)
- Accessory Ligament of the Deep Digital Flexor Tendon
- Aluminum Electrolytic (capacitor)
- Airlock Extravehicular Mobility Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reflection amplitude as a function of crack length, frequency and pipe size The variation of the reflection amplitude, with axial length of the through-thickness crack normalized to incident wavelength, is shown in Fig.
From biometry guesswork, to axial length ultrasound using A-scans, we now have access to the latest instrumentation such as the IOL Master (Carl Zeiss Meditec, Germany), Lenstar LS900 (Haag-Streit AG, Germany) and the Pentacam (Oculus, Germany), which give us unprecedented levels of data and precision.
Salt rejection is found to be dependent on capillary axial length as well as flow velocity.
The axial length of the CSD Series has been reduced by 50% versus the CSF series, This design is made possible by HD Systems' patented "S" tooth profile, as well as manufacturing expertise.
In a divergent beam diffractometer these include the angular aperture of the divergence slit, the width and axial length of the receiving slit, the angular apertures of the axial Soller slits, the length and projected width of the x-ray source, the absorption coefficient and axial length of the sample.
The response time in the twin-screw extruder is about twice that in the single-screw extruder, which was about 10-15 seconds, for the same axial length of the rheological zone.