The total time spend away from desk due to puffing adds up to the same time that many receive as their annual holiday allowance.
What does AFD stand for?
AFD stands for Away from Desk
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AFD
We have 208 other meanings of AFD in our Acronym Attic
- Automated File Designator
- Automated Forging Design
- Automated Fuel Dispenser (credit card payment)
- Automatic Fault Detection
- Automatic File Distribution
- Automatic Fire Damper (energy equipment)
- Automatic Fire Detection
- Automatic Format Descriptor (video signal data)
- Average Fade Duration
- Awaiting Final Decision
- Axial Flux Density
- Axial Flux Difference
- Arc Fault Detection/Continuous Thermal Monitoring
- Acrofacial Dysostosis 1, Nager Type
- A Few Days Ago
- Aberdeen Facial Disfigurement Association (UK)
- Academy of Film and Dramatic Art (Zambia)
- Administrative Functions Disposal Authority (Australia)
- Advanced Filter Design Alternatives (MATLAB toolbox)
- Advanced Function Display Adapter
Samples in periodicals archive:
FROM meter readers to milkmen, many people love the freedom of working door-to-door - away from desks and office politics.
Of children coming out to play, Much less telly, more air each day, Lots of laughter, fun and noise, Away from desks and indoor toys.
Liam Griffin often said that Mick is in the wrong job in Wexford - he (Kinsella) loves coaching and he has much more to offer hurling away from desks and boardrooms," Murphy insisted.
In addition, the Northumbria force would continue to target known offenders and try to get more officers away from desks and out into the community in a bid to keep crime at a low level in rural areas.