Rest should be away from computers and stress and instead spent with family/doing what you like and not with one eye closed and the other open staring at the phone/laptop.
What does AFC stand for?
AFC stands for Away from Computer
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AFC
We have 498 other meanings of AFC in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Frequency Control
- Automatic Frequency Correction
- Available Fault Current
- Available for Construction (budget; various locations)
- Available Funds Cap
- Average Final Compensation
- Average Fixed Cost
- Average Frustrated Chump
- Aviation Fire Control
- Away From Chatter
- Away from Controller (gaming)
- Chief Aircraft Maintenanceman (Naval rating)
- The Leader in Access Network Technology (The Acronym for Access)
- Air Force Command, Control and Intelligence
- Air Force Command and Control Integration Center (US DoD)
- Air Force Command and Control, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Center
- Air Force Command and Control Network
- Air Force Command & Control System
- Air Force Command and Control Training and Innovation Group (Hurlburt Field, FL)
- Absolute Fighting Championship 3 (DVD)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Of those who cannot tear themselves away from computers and mobiles while on trips, 57 per cent said they checked emails to reduce their workload upon returning.
She got the chance to enter the tournament after teachers at Knop Law Primary School, in Chapel House, Newcastle, decided to get involved with the national scheme, which aims to encourage young people to play together away from computer games and laptops.
Byline: ANI Melbourne, Mar 18 (ANI): Australian tennis legend Pat Rafter has urged parents to get their kids away from computer games and push them to play sport.
STUDENTS in Birmingham are hoping to turn the city's pupils away from computer games and back towards famous literary figure Peter Pan.
Kevin Sinclair, managing director of AA Insurance, said his company had decided to turn away from computer spreadsheets and interview real people for its latest study.
Patrick Legge, spokesman for NCH, said: 'Summer holidays are the time for children to turn away from computer games and daytime television and get active in the garden, park or local sports field.
A condition of Simon's move from Brixton Prison to an open prison - the location of which has not been revealed - is that he must stay away from computers inside the jail and outside when allowed town visits.