We used the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex method with Harris hematoxylin counterstain.
What does ABC stand for?
ABC stands for Avidin-Biotin-Peroxidase Complex (immunohistochemistry stain)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ABC
We have 1612 other meanings of ABC in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Bandwidth Control
- Automatic Bar Code
- Automatic Blog Content (software)
- Automatic Boiler Control
- Automatic Book Catalog
- Automatic Brightness Control
- Autorité Budgétaire Centrale (French: Central Fiscal Authority)
- Available By Cell
- Aventis Biotech Challenge (Canada)
- Average Backup Capacity
- Avoid Bad Company
- Azureus Bit Comet (computing)
- Chief Aviation Boatswain's Mate (Naval Rating)
- Association des Bèegues du Canada (Canadian Association for People Who Stutter)
- Air Biway Corridor Air Cushion Vehicle (Skimaire)
- Army Benefits Center-Civilian
- alveolar bone crest and the cementoenamel junction
- Asociación Becaria Guatemalteca Colegios del Mundo Unido (Association of Guatemalan Scholarship Schools of the United World)
- Activity Based Costing/Management
Samples in periodicals archive:
Antibodies to epithelial membrane antigen (EMA), smooth-muscle actin (SMA), cytokeratin 8 (CK8), pancytokeratin (CK), vimentin, estrogen receptor (ER), prostate-specific antigen (PSA), C-erb2, CD68, carcinoembryonic antigen (CEA), and alpha 1-antitrypsin (AAT) were used with the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex technique.
Use of the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex (ABC) in immunoperoxidase techniques: a comparison between ABC and unlabeled antibody (PAP) procedures.
Immunohistochemical studies were performed using the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex technique and the capillary gap technology in a Tech Mate 1000 stainer (Ventana, Tucson, Ariz).
Immunohistochemical studies were performed on formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue, using the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex method (Dako Corporation, Carpinteria, Calif).
2 (1:200, Becton Dickinson, San Jose, Calif), epithelial membrane antigen (1:200, Dako), chromogranin (1:1600, Boehringer-Mannheim), factor VIII-related antigen (1:1600, Dako), smooth muscle actin (1:800, Sigma Chemical Co, St Louis, Mo), desmin (clone DER-11) (prediluted, Ventana Medical Systems Inc, Tucson, Ariz), and glial fibrillary acidic protein (1:800, Dako), using the avidin-biotin-peroxidase complex method.