He was accepted into the Navy at 17 years old and attended the Yeomans School in San Diego, CA, where he became an Aviation Machinist Mate.
What does AD stand for?
AD stands for Aviation Machinist Mate (US Navy rating)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AD
We have 84 other meanings of AD in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Damper
- Automatic Depressurization
- Automatic Differentiation
- Automatic Distribution (US DoD)
- Autonomous Domain
- Autosomal Dominant (genetics; dominant gene on one of the 23 pairs of autosomes)
- Auxiliary Destroyer Tender
- Auxiliary Drain
- Average Deviation
- Aviation Division
- Awaiting Disconnection
- Awdal (postal region, Somalia)
- Azumanga Daioh (anime)
- Azure Dreams (role-playing game)
- Destroyer Tender (US Navy ship designation)
- Partia Aleanca Demokratike (Party of the Democratic Alliance, Albania, aka: PADSh)
- Priority Add-On (US DoD)
- Right Ear
- Ad Duas Vices (Latin: In Two Doses)
- BT telephone system in Equipment Room
Samples in periodicals archive:
Benson was a US Navy World War II veteran serving as an Aviation Machinist Mate 2c in The Asiatic Pacific Theater.
Between high school and college he joined the Navy and served during World War II as an aviation machinist mate in Natal, Brazil supplying airplanes to the North African Campaign.