Your second stop for tie-down and mooring information is TM 1-1500-250-23, Aviation Unit and Aviation Intermediate Maintenance for General Tie-Down and Mooring, on all Army Aviation models including the AH-64, UH-60, UH-1, CH/ MH-47, AH-1, and OH-58 helicopters.
What does AVIM stand for?
AVIM stands for Aviation Intermediate Maintenance
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AVIM
We have 3 other meanings of AVIM in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Vancouver Island Fundraisers
- Algemene Vereniging Inlands Hout (Dutch forestry contractor association; Netherlands)
- Active Vibration Isolation in Ships
- Angled Video Intubation Laryngoscope (anaesthesiology)
- Audio Visual Interactive Logic (P&C Micro's Pty, Ltd.; Melbourne, Australia)
- Advanced Vietnamese Input Method (software)
- Antelope Valley Indian Museum (California)
- Association of Vancouver Island Municipalities (Canada)
- Atlantic Veterinary Internal Medicine and Oncology (Annapolis, MD)
- Atmosphere-Vegetation Interaction Model (simulation)
- Army Visual Information Management Office
- Australian Visa and Immigration Network (Woy Woy, New South Wales, Australia)
- Aviation Inspector (safety)
- Avionics Information
- Association pour la Vigilance en matière d'Implants Orthopédiques
- Avionics Modeling Language (avionics, informatics)
- Aviation Electronics
- American Voice Input/Output Society
- Applied Voice Input/Output Society (advanced speech technology)
- Association of Visually Impaired Office Staff (est. 1998; UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
He added that NAF Atsugi does have an Intermediate Maintenance Activity that supports rotary wing aircraft, but the majority of CVW-5 squadrons "rely on the ship's Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Department (AIMD) for year-round maintenance support for its fixed wing aircraft.
USS Enterprise (CVN 65) Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Department completed 500 days without an ARI last September.
Lewis meets daily with the respective squadron Material Maintenance Officers (MMCO) and the Aviation Intermediate Maintenance Department (AIMD) MMCO to create a clear snapshot of the aviation material condition readiness for the 61 embarked aircraft assigned to CAG 17 and the status of Vinson AIMD's organic repair capabilities.
TM 1-1500-204-23-2, Aviation Unit Maintenance (AVUM) and Aviation Intermediate Maintenance (AVIM) Manual for General Aircraft Maintenance (Pneudraulics Maintenance and Practices) Volume 2.
A robust logistics capability must be collocated with the squadron to provide responsive logistics support, including DS tracked and wheeled vehicle repair, aviation intermediate maintenance (AVIM), armaments, communications and electronics repair, fire control, generators, welding, vehicle recovery, heavy equipment transport, medical support, bulk water, and supply of classes I, II, III, IV, VII, VIII, and IX.
provides combat-service support to USAREUR and is the 21st TSC's only deployable support group battalions and an aviation intermediate maintenance battalion under its control.