Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), the country's dominant military and commercial aviation contractor, had lobbied the government to back a multi-billion dollar plan to build a high-performance jet engine.
What does AVIC stand for?
AVIC stands for Aviation Industry Corporation (China)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AVIC
We have 5 other meanings of AVIC in our Acronym Attic
- Aerovías del Continente Americano (Airline, Colombia)
- Aerovias Nacionales de Colombia SA
- Aviación Nacional de Colombia (Colombian Airlines)
- Audio Visual Integration and Application Solutions (Ontario, Canada)
- Acquisition of Vocabulary, International Bilingual Education (language website)
- Accredited Visitor Information Centres (Australia)
- Alfa Vision Insurance Corporation (Alfa Corp.; Montgomery, AL)
- Area Veterinarian in Charge
- Army Visual Information Center
- Association of Vermont Independent Colleges (est. 1981; Montpelier, VT)
- China Aviation Industry Corp II
- Société d'Avitaillement et de Catering
- Antivenom Information Center of Bahia (Brazil)
- Association of Vancouver Island and Coastal Communities (Canada)
- Alberni Valley Intermediate Care Home Society
- A Voice in the Desert (Christian music ministry in Binghamton, NY and NYC, NY)
- Achievement Via Individual Determination
- Advanced Via Individual Determination
- Advanced Visual Information Display
- Advancement Via Individual Determination (DoDEA education program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The company also said the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), China's biggest aviation company, was the undisclosed buyer of six CRJ-900 planes announced in an October deal.
The Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC), which manufactured the aircraft, said the helicopter can carry two to three passengers.
Baoding Huide an auxiliary of China Aviation Industry Corporation is essentially engaged in renewal energy business and focused in the development and production of MW wind turbines, and other required apparatus for wind power turbines.