Navy veteran of World War II, where he served as an aviation electrician's mate.
What does AE stand for?
AE stands for Aviation Electrician's Mate (US Navy)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AE
We have 89 other meanings of AE in our Acronym Attic
- Autechre (band)
- Auto Estrada (Motorway)
- Auto Exposure
- Auto-Entrepreneur (France)
- Automation Equipment
- Automotive Extrication (emergency & rescue services)
- Auxiliary Equipment
- Auxiliary Explosive (US Navy ammunition ship designation)
- Avian Encephalomalacia (Vitamin E Deficiency)
- Avian Encephalomyelitis (poultry viral disease)
- Corps of Australian Engineers
- Mandarin Airlines (IATA airline code)
- United Arab Emirates (Internet TLD)
- Advanced Engineering and Design (USACE)
- Air Equipment & Support
- Acetone Extract of Amomum Cardamomum
- Asthma Educator - Certified
- All Electron-Configuration Interaction
- Auto Exposure Lock (photography)
- Anion Exchange Chromatography with Pulsed Amperometric Detection
Samples in periodicals archive:
Aviation Electrician's Mate 1st Class (SW) George Wilcox calls it a "learn on the job" type training where the crew learns different procedures and different maintenance actions while reviewing new publications for the aircraft.
He served in the Navy as an aviation electrician's mate in World War II.
The Center for Naval Air Technical Training (CNATT) announced that all aviation electrician's mate (AE), aviation structural mechanic (AM), aviation electronics technician (AT), and aviation machinist's mate (AD) "A" school training will be relocated to the Naval Air Technical Training Center (NATTC) in Pensacola, Fla.
As a prior aviation electrician's mate collateral-duty inspector with more than six years of experience, I felt comfortable with my knowledge of the P-3C platform.
In 2001 I was on the ship when we launched our attacks," said Aviation Electrician's Mate 1st Class Jeremy Moncier.
Sailors like Aviation Electrician's Mate 3rd Class (NAC/AW) Dan McGourty, a fellow HSL-47 air crewman, got to see the smiles, tears, waves and celebrations that took place throughout the tsunami-stricken regions of Indonesia with their very own eyes.
This was the best experience that I have had since I have been on board Nimitz," said Aviation Electrician's Mate 2nd Class (AW) Dan Colby, of VFA 97.