In early 1942, Joe joined the US Army as an aviation cadet, trained to be a single engine fighter pilot, and flew 50 combat missions in P-47 Thunderbolts while assigned to the 324th Fighter Group in France and Germany.
What does ACAD stand for?
ACAD stands for Aviation Cadet (US Navy rank)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACAD
We have 25 other meanings of ACAD in our Acronym Attic
- Alberta College of Art & Design (Calgary, Alberta, Canada)
- All Calls All Day (Sprint)
- Ambulatory Care and Diagnostic
- Asbestos Control & Abatement Division (UK)
- Asesoría Centroamericana de Desarollo (Central American Consultant's Office of Development; Guatemala)
- Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease
- Attitude Control and Determination
- Auto Computer-Aided Design
- AutoCAD (design/drafting development software by Autodesk)
- Automated Chemical Agent Detector
- Academy Class Year
- Academic Advising Association (Washington State University)
- Alarm, Chemical Agent Detector, Automatic (M22)
- Amis-Collectionneurs d'Anciens Documents Agricoles (French vintage document collectors club)
- Automatic Chemical Agent Alarm (current definition)
- Automatic Chemical Agent Detector/Alarm (former definition)
- Avery Citizens Against Domestic Abuse (Newland, NC)
- American College of Addictionology and Compulsive Disorders
- Association of Christian Alcohol and Drug Counselors (San Bernardino, CA)
- Asociación Campesina de Desarrollo Integrado (Spanish: Integrated Rural Development Association; Argentina)
Samples in periodicals archive:
First prize in English was awarded to Aviation Cadet Malik Asad of PAF Academy Risalpur, whereas second prize in English was won by Cadet Moeed of Military College Jhelum.
The trophy for the best performance in A&SD Course was presented to Pilot Officer Junaid Saleem while trophy for the best performance in air defence course to Aviation Cadet Muhammad Owais Arif.
These squadrons (and those in the Organized Reserve) received infusions of qualified pilots through the Aviation Cadet program.
Called to active duty when he was a junior at Texas A&M University in 1943, Stein was recruited as an aviation cadet, but because of the large number of candidates, some were sent back to college to await an opening at the San Antonio Aviation Cadet Classification Center.
Navy welcomes you as an Aviation Cadet and future officer.
ENS Mason enlisted as a seaman in the Naval Reserve on 7 November 1940 and was appointed an aviation cadet on 10 February 1941.