A change in an economic or demographic assumption--amortize over a closed period equal to the average remaining service period of plan members, including retirees (the "average remaining service life" of a retiree = 0 years).
What does ARSP stand for?
ARSP stands for Average Remaining Service Period (pension plan)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of ARSP
We have 16 other meanings of ARSP in our Acronym Attic
- Arkansas School of Ministry (Arkansas Assemblies of God)
- Area Reconnaissance Surveillance Operation
- Army Special Operations Task Force (US DoD)
- Acquisition Research Symposium Proceedings
- Acres Reservoir Simulation Program
- Action Reconciliation Service for Peace (Germany)
- Altitude Radar Sensor Processing
- Antar-Rashtriya Sahayog Parishad
- Asset Recovery Service Provider
- Association for Refugee Service Professionals (Dallas, TX)
- Average Retail Selling Price
- Automated Reasoning for Security Protocol Analysis (conference)
- Army Space Command
- Australasian Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Conference
- Adult Recurrent Sialadenitis of the Parotid Glands
- Angle Resolved Spin Polarised Inverse Photo Emission Spectroscopy
- Army Space Operations Center (US DoD)
- Air Reconnaissance Support
- Acid Reflux Sniper Rally (gaming community)
- Actuarial Residual Stone Rate (urology)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Transition amounts (unrecognized net asset or obligation at date of application of FAS 106) may be expensed immediately as a cumulative change or be amortized over the average remaining service period of active plan participants.
Employers choosing delayed recognition must amortize the transition amount on a straight-line basis over the average remaining service period of active plan participants unless.
According to the FASB, the transition obligation would be amortized to expense over future years on a straight-line basis over the average remaining service period (to the date of expected retirement) of active employees expected to receive a benefit.