com Textron Defense Systems today said its Directed Energy Weapons business line has successfully tested its Joint High-Power Solid State Laser (J-HPSSL) laboratory demonstration device at average power levels in excess of 100 kilowatts.
What does AP stand for?
AP stands for Average Power (US DoD)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AP
We have 193 other meanings of AP in our Acronym Attic
- Automatic Pagination
- Automation Production
- Automatska Puška (Croatian: automatic rifle)
- Automotive Parts
- Auxiliary Police
- Auxiliary Pump
- Auxlliary Propulsion
- Availability Planning
- Aveling Park
- Avian Pox
- Aviation Proponency (US Army)
- Avrupa Parlamentosu (Turkish: European Parliament)
- Daily Planetary Amplitude
- Geomagnetic Activity Index
- Anteroposterior and Lateral
- Acid Phosphatase Isozyme 1
- Advanced Placement Modern European History
- Assembleia Parlamentar da Organização para a Segurança e Cooperação na Europa
Samples in periodicals archive:
When a resistive load is driven by a sinusoidal voltage waveform or a sinusoidal current waveform, the average power dissipated by the load is calculated from an RMS voltage measurement.
If you consider the average power cost in North America, the increased investment for the servo-electric screw drive, and typical return-on-investment (ROI) goals, the servo-motor option often makes no sense if based on energy savings alone.
The pulse energy acts as a scoop, allowing the physician to ablate more or less tissue with each pulse, while the average power determines the rate of pulse arrival and controls the overall rate of tissue removal.