The highest available fault current will always be found at the point of the facility's utility service connection.
What does AFC stand for?
AFC stands for Available Fault Current
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFC
We have 498 other meanings of AFC in our Acronym Attic
- Automated Frequency Control
- Automatic Fare Collection
- Automatic Fee Collection (electronic toll collection)
- Automatic Fire Control (Weapons system)
- Automatic Flatness Control
- Automatic Flight Control
- Automatic Flow Control
- Automatic Font Change
- Automatic Frequency Control
- Automatic Frequency Correction
Samples in periodicals archive:
The higher short-time or withstand ratings enable better coordination with downstream devices in an electrical distribution system with larger available fault currents.