Sony Electronics has announced that the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) has approved a new, tape media Auxiliary Memory (AM) content and interface standard.
What does AM stand for?
AM stands for Auxiliary Memory
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AM
We have 232 other meanings of AM in our Acronym Attic
- Attacking Midfielder (soccer position)
- Attometer (10 E^-18, one quintillionth)
- Audit Manager
- Auricularis Muscle
- Authorized Messenger
- Auto Map
- Automated MICAP
- Automation Module
- Automod (defunct GameFAQs feature)
- Autoservizi Meridionali (charter bus company in Naples, Rome and Parma, Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cache is an auxiliary memory device that temporarily stores only the 'most recently used data and, when required, delivers it to the CPU very quickly.