Down the coast at nearby Skinningrove, the Auxiliary coastguards were made up of men too old for active service or miners and others in reserved occupations.
What does ACG stand for?
ACG stands for Auxiliary Coastguard
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACG
We have 250 other meanings of ACG in our Acronym Attic
- Australian Citrus Growers Inc.
- Australian Consulate General
- Automatic Call Gap
- Automatic Call Gapping
- Automatic Code Gapping
- Automatic Contingency Generation
- Automatic Cross Generation
- Automatic Crosstell Gate
- Automobile Club Group (insurance company)
- Automotive Consulting Group
- Aviation Capital Group (Newport Beach, CA)
- Aviation Consulting Group, LLC (Ormond Beach, Florida)
- Azeri Chirag Gunashli Field (Caspian Sea oil field)
- Adjusted Clinical Groups - Predictive Model (Johns Hopkins software)
- Advisory Committee on Governance and Accountability
- African Caribbean Golf Association
- ALEAP Credit Guarantee Association
- American Carnival Glass Association
- American Community Gardening Association
- American Corn Growers Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was an auxiliary coastguard, served as a member of the Northumberland Sea Fisheries for 25 years and latterly was vice chairman of the Northumberland Inshore Fisheries Conservation Authority.
Her work history in itself an interesting read, Ann was a probation officer, bird observatory cook and auxiliary coastguard before she started writing.
Ian, a glazier and auxiliary coastguard of Burghead, Moray, said: "We want to see tighter rules for young, inexperienced drivers to stop this happening to someone else's child.
Among those attending was north Cornwall auxiliary coastguard, Ian Fuller, who became a friend to Mrs Walker when she lived next door to his father.
The scene was captured by keen amateur photographer Chris Gower-Jones, who is also an auxiliary coastguard.
Stephen Jones, an auxiliary coastguard at Rhossili who also works as a coastguard watch officer was at the scene within minutes after being paged at his home in the Gower village.
Experience as an auxiliary coastguard is also useful.