The Marine Corps is also experimenting with prepositioning supplies and ammunition aboard the Navy's fleet of auxiliary cargo ships, called T-AKEs.
What does T-AKE stand for?
T-AKE stands for Auxiliary Cargo (K) and Ammunition (E) Ship, MSC Manned (naval ship type)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Trichothecene (Mycotoxin)
- Third-Year Tulane Medical Student
- Fourth-Year Tulane Medical Student
- thymosin fraction 5
- The Application Connection
- Tactical Auxiliary Crane Ship (US DoD)
- Auxiliary Dry Cargo Carrier, MSC Manned (ship type)
- Military Sealift Command (MSC) Oceanographic Research Ship
- Tactical Auxiliary General Ocean Surveillance (US DoD)
- Hospital Ship
- Fast Logistics Ship (US DoD)
- T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Lymphoma (cancer)
- Trans-4-Aminomethyl-Cyclohexane Carboxylic Acid (anti-fibrinolytic agent)
- Military Sealift Replenishment Oiler
- Gasoline Tanker - Military Sealift Command Manned (also abbreviated TAOG)
- Transactions on Antennas and Propagation (IEEE AP-S)
- Television-Audio Support Activity
- Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering (journal)
- Teamed Architecture Signal Processor
Samples in periodicals archive:
8, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA has selected 20 small satellites to fly as auxiliary cargo aboard rockets planned to launch in 2011 and 2012.
on Wednesday asked about the effects of delaying the 2009 Zumwalt class DDG 1000 destroyer in favor of more auxiliary cargo ships.