This social cognitive linguistics is more valid than the discourses approach, he contends, because non-agentive and conflictive aspects of meaning in society cannot be properly understood as an autonomous domain, because social cognitive linguistics provides a framework that includes the foundational role of agency and cooperation as part of the necessary context for understanding interpersonal and conflictive processes, and because combining cooperation with interpersonal causal pressures enables an ecologically valid approach to the normative aspects of discourse conflicts.
What does AD stand for?
AD stands for Autonomous Domain
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of AD
We have 84 other meanings of AD in our Acronym Attic
- Auto Disable (syringe)
- autodestruct (syringe)
- Autodistribution (French automotive parts distributor)
- Autogenic Drainage (respiratory physiology)
- Autograph Document
- Automated Data
- Automatic Damper
- Automatic Depressurization
- Automatic Differentiation
- Automatic Distribution (US DoD)
- Autosomal Dominant (genetics; dominant gene on one of the 23 pairs of autosomes)
- Auxiliary Destroyer Tender
- Auxiliary Drain
- Average Deviation
- Aviation Division
- Aviation Machinist Mate (US Navy rating)
- Awaiting Disconnection
- Awdal (postal region, Somalia)
- Azumanga Daioh (anime)
- Azure Dreams (role-playing game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
As her title suggests, part of Poovey's aim was to indicate how a concept of the 'social' developed as a relatively autonomous domain.
What is important to acknowledge is that Beaton's Introduction is the first modernist history of Greek literature - the first to treat literature as a differentiated, autonomous domain with its own structure and evolution.