Last year, the European Commission reached agreements with Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association and the Korean Automobile Manufacturers Association to reduce carbon dioxide emissions in exhaust fumes from passenger cars sold in the EU to 140 grams per kilometer by 2009.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Automobile Manufacturers Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Members' Advocates (Wikipedian voluntary group; formerly Office of Members' Advocates)
- Association of Miniature Artists
- Association of Municipal Administrators (Canada)
- Atlanta Maritime Association (Atlanta, GA)
- Ausiliarie Missionarie Agostiniane (French)
- Austin Moore Arthroplasty (hip reconstruction)
- Australian Medical Association
- Automated Message Accounting
- Automatic Memory Allocation
- Automatic Message Accounting
- Average Minute Audience (entertainment metric)
- Azienda Municipale Ambiente (Rome, Italy)
- Azimuth Motor Assembly
- American Medical Association Enterprise Information Base
- Atlas Motor Analyzer
- Office of Assistant Manager-Security Transition Program Office
- Automatic Message Accounting/Call Detail Recording
- Apical Membrane Antigen 1
- Autonomous Maintenance in Aspergillus (plasmids)
- Advanced Medical Assistant of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gates of the American Automobile Manufacturers Association says that if people like the Grays are being misled, it's not the automakers' doing.
The executive body of the 15-member EU said the commitments made by the Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA) and the Korean Automobile Manufacturers Association (KAMA) correspond to those made by European automakers in 1998 and do not restrict competition.
TOKYO, May 20 Kyodo The Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA) decided Thursday to accept the European Union's clean-air requirement, putting an end to negotiations over an issue that has lasted more than six months, association officials said.