When entering the baggage handling system, the bag tag is scanned, typically by an automatic tag reader (ATR), enabling the baggage handling system to read the ten digits and look them up in the database to find a corresponding BSM to route the bag to the right flight.
What does ATAG stand for?
ATAG stands for Automatic Tag
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ATAG
We have 9 other meanings of ATAG in our Acronym Attic
- Azienda Trasporti Area Fiorentina (Italian transport company; Florence, Italy)
- Annual Thomas Aeronautical Flight Competition
- Airborne Target Acquisition & Fire Control System
- Automated Training Analysis & Feedback System
- American Theatre Arts for Youth, Inc. (Philadelphia, PA)
- Aid to Artisans Ghana
- Air Transport Action Group
- Amphibian Taxon Advisory Group
- Assistant to the Adjutant General
- Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines
- Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
- Alberta Transplant Applied Genomics Centre (Canada)
- Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation
- Advanced Technology Anti-G Suit
- Automatic Tag Sequence
- Advanced Technology Associates Hawaii (Kaneohe, HI)
- Alamedans Together against Hate (Alameda, CA)
- Antenna Train Angle Horizontal (fighter aircraft targeting)
- Auxiliary Total Artificial Heart (cardiovascular medicine)
- Australian Trial for Acute Hepatitis C
Samples in periodicals archive:
Automatic tag discovery and dynamic variable creation quickly brings visibility to a variety of building systems communicating through SmartServers.
Each automatic tag costs 16p, which is no more expensive than some of the hand tags on the market, and is particularly good value for a tag that is suitable for use on both lambs and adult sheep.