From there, the stolen PC's location can be discovered in two ways: through the Automatic Number Identification or IP address.
What does ANI stand for?
ANI stands for Automatic Number Identification
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of ANI
We have 100 other meanings of ANI in our Acronym Attic
- Asian News International
- Assistant NATOPS Instructor (USMC)
- Association Nationale des Iconographes (French: National Association of Iconographers)
- Association Nationale Ibn-Al-Awam
- Atkins Nutritionals, Inc. (Denver, CO)
- Atmosphere Normale Internationale
- Audubon Nature Institute (New Orleans, LA)
- Authorized Nuclear Inspector
- Autism Network International
- Automated Name Index (California DMV vehicle registration lookup)
- Automatic Number Identifier
- Avex Network, Inc. (Japan)
- Autism Network International (Listserv)
- Alliance of Nonprofits for Insurance, Risk Retention Group
- American Nursing Informatics Association
- Aniakchak National Monument and Preserve (US National Park Service)
- Associate Member of the National Institute of Accountants
- Association Nationale des Industries Alimentaires (France)
- Associazione Nazionale fra le Imprese Assicuratrici (Italy)
- Associazione Nazionale Italiana Atleti Diabetici (Italy)
Samples in periodicals archive:
For inbound calls, Automatic Number Identification, Dialed Number Identification Service and collected digits are used to select scripts as well as provide names and account information.
A main application of the primary rate service is the delivery of Automatic Number Identification.
Contact lens maker Vistakon uses automatic number identification to save agents' time at the calling center at its Jacksonville, Fla.