The manual contains instructions, materials lists, goals, sample schedules, and tips for running 15 90-minute sessions that address symptoms and their management, awareness of automatic negative thoughts and coping development, graded exposure to face fears, social skills development, and relapse prevention, with incorporation of the parents' roles and expectations throughout.
What does ANT stand for?
ANT stands for Automatic Negative Thought
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ANT
We have 109 other meanings of ANT in our Acronym Attic
- Antigua (ETR)
- Antrim (county of Ulster)
- Applied New Technologies (Germany)
- Assistencia Nacional aos Tuberculosos (Portuguese Anti-Tuberculosis Group)
- Association of Nail Technicians (UK)
- Associazione Nazionale Tumori (Italy: National Cancer Association)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Following the cognitive behavioral treatment model, the program encourages participants to identify and schedule pleasant activities, record automatic negative thoughts in a diary, evaluate negative thoughts with Socratic questioning, generate rational responses, and explore core beliefs.
These thoughts, known as automatic negative thoughts, are often hidden from consciousness and not easily accessible.