30am this morning BTP was called to reports of a car having been struck by a train at Athelney automatic half barrier level crossing.
What does AHB stand for?
AHB stands for Automatic Half Barrier
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of AHB
We have 69 other meanings of AHB in our Acronym Attic
- A Hundred Birds (song)
- Advanced High-performance Bus
- Air Historical Branch
- Arize Habitat Bois (French wood house construction company)
- Assault Helicopter Battalion
- Association Hellénique de Bretagne (French: Hellenic Association of Britain)
- Association Hospitalière de Bretagne (French: Hospital Association of Britain)
- Attack Helicopter Battalion
- Auckland Harbour Bridge (bridge; New Zealand)
- Aussie Home Brewers
- 3-amino-4-hydroxybenzoic acid
- Aberdeen Home Builders Association (Aberdeen, SD)
- Acadiana Home Builders Association
- Alabama Home Builders Association
- Alberta Home Builders' Association (Canada)
- American Herding Breed Association
- American Home Brewers Association
- American Home Business Association
- American Home Buyers Alliance
- American Honky-Tonk Bar Association (Garth Brooks song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Another mum-of-two, who asked not to be named, was driving over the automatic half barrier crossing at Cowpen Lane, in Billingham, several weeks ago, when she said the gates suddenly started closing.
25am at an automatic half barrier level crossing at Swainsthorpe, Norfolk.
It took place at an automatic half barrier crossing but Network Rail said there was no indication that the accident was caused by faults to the barrier.
It also wants to see if anyone can come up with a system to warn train drivers about obstructions at automatic half barrier crossings.
The car driver -- a man -- was one of six people killed in Saturday night's accident at the automatic half barrier outside the village of Ufton Nervet near Reading.
The car driver - a man - was one of six people killed in Saturday's accident at the automatic half barrier outside the village of Ufton Nervet near Reading.
There should be a complete review of automatic half barriers of the type involved in the Berkshire train disaster, a former British Rail safety chief said yesterday.