However, shortly after the start of sea trials in November 2008, an accident on board the submarine killed 20 sailors and technical due to a toxic gas leak when the automatic fire extinguishing system malfunctioned.
What does AFES stand for?
AFES stands for Automatic Fire Extinguishing System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFES
We have 17 other meanings of AFES in our Acronym Attic
- A-Band Frequency Extended System (E3GS)
- Agricultural and Forestry Experiment Station
- Air Force Evaluation System
- Alternative Flared End Section (construction)
- Armed Forces Emergency Services
- Army Frequency Engineering Software
- Army Frequency Engineering System
- Australian Fellowship of Evangelical Students (see IFES)
- Automated Financial Entitlements System
- Automatic Feature Extraction System
- Air Force Electronic Security Command
- Air Force Engineering & Services Center
- Air Force Explosive Safety Council (USAF)
- Air Force Electronic Systems Division
- Arab Fund for Economic & Social Development
- Agir pour les Femmes en Situation Précaire (French: Acting for Women in Distressing Situations; Cambodia)
- Air Force Engineering & Services Management Engineering Team
- Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon
- Asociación de Farmacéuticos Empresarios de Tarragona
- Association Française d'Entérostoma-Thérapeutes
Samples in periodicals archive:
DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN FIND THE NSN FOR THE WIRE SEAL ON MY M1165A1 HMMWV'S AUTOMATIC FIRE EXTINGUISHING SYSTEM (AFES) CONTROL SWITCH COVER?
He said, "Besides foldable wheel chair ramp, electronically controlled air suspension with integrated kneeling system [which enables easy entry and exit of passengers at bus stops], surveillance cameras, exterior destination panels [route map screen for passenger information], Automatic door control - doors can be opened by passengers from inside and outside - completely closed, lockable driver cabin with integrated driver's microphone for passenger announcements and automatic fire extinguishing system in engine compartment are the important features of the Germany-made 'Man Lion's City' buses.
ARMY Kidde Dual Spectrum of Goleta, CA, was awarded a $13,451,750 firm-fixed-price contract for an automatic fire extinguishing system for the M1114 High Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicles with associated support.