The railways can install automatic collision avoidance systems to ensure that train movement is safe.
What does ACAS stand for?
ACAS stands for Automatic Collision Avoidance System
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACAS
We have 119 other meanings of ACAS in our Acronym Attic
- Associate Contracting Assistance Specialist
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Association for Critical Animal Studies
- Association of Concerned Africa Scholars
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (software; US DoD)
- Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study
- Australian Crop Accreditation System
- Automated Cable Analyzer System
- Automated Circuit Assurance, Short
- Automated Commissary Accounting System
- AUTOVON Central Alarm System
- Ackoff Center for the Advancement of the System Approach
- Archives of the Chinese Art Society of America
- Arizona County Attorneys and Sheriffs Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault
- Arts Council of the African Studies Association
- Association for the Cooperative Advancement of Science and Education (Saratoga Springs, NY)
- Association for Consumers Action on Safety and Health (Mumbai, India)
- Audio Computer-Assisted Self-Interviews
- Australian Centre of the Asian Spatial Information and Analysis Network
Samples in periodicals archive:
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2007 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD The automatic collision avoidance system on a British Airways Boeing 747 was triggered over Marseilles, France on 29 September but has only now been reported.
The JAS plane with 59 passengers and six crew members changed course with the activation of its automatic collision avoidance system, and the pilot immediately reported the incident to the ministry.