[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] The joint chemical agent detector (JCAD) is replacing both the M8A1 chemical alarm and the M22 automatic chemical agent alarm (ACADA).
What does ACADA stand for?
ACADA stands for Automatic Chemical Agent Alarm (current definition)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ACADA
We have 4 other meanings of ACADA in our Acronym Attic
- Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease
- Attitude Control and Determination
- Auto Computer-Aided Design
- AutoCAD (design/drafting development software by Autodesk)
- Automated Chemical Agent Detector
- Aviation Cadet (US Navy rank)
- Academy Class Year
- Academic Advising Association (Washington State University)
- Alarm, Chemical Agent Detector, Automatic (M22)
- Amis-Collectionneurs d'Anciens Documents Agricoles (French vintage document collectors club)
- Automatic Chemical Agent Detector/Alarm (former definition)
- Avery Citizens Against Domestic Abuse (Newland, NC)
- American College of Addictionology and Compulsive Disorders
- Association of Christian Alcohol and Drug Counselors (San Bernardino, CA)
- Asociación Campesina de Desarrollo Integrado (Spanish: Integrated Rural Development Association; Argentina)
- Advanced Computer Aided Design Engineering & Manufacturing Agency
- Azithromycin in Coronary Artery Disease Elimination of Myocardial Infection
- Aberdeen Chemical Agent Disposal Facility (Aberdeen, Maryland)
- Anniston Chemical Agent Disposal Facility
- Academy of Finland
Samples in periodicals archive:
Examples of CBRN surveillance include monitoring an area with an automatic chemical agent alarm or scanning with the JSLSCAD remote sensing chemical agent alarm or simply maintaining visual observation for unexplained artillery or spray missions" (FM 3-101-2).
According to a Marine Corps report on Gulf War Syndrome, the Automatic Chemical Agent Alarm (M8) "is highly sensitive to chemical agent vapor.