If this sounds somewhat analogous to an automated tape library with the exception that disks are substituted for tape cartridges, you are headed in the right direction.
What does ATL stand for?
ATL stands for Automated Tape Library
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of ATL
We have 225 other meanings of ATL in our Acronym Attic
- Atlanta Thrashers (NHL hockey)
- Atlanta, GA, USA - Hartsfield International (Airport Code)
- ATLAS Transformation Language
- Attempt to Locate (police)
- Attitudes toward Learning (education)
- ATWCS Training Laboratory
- Audit Team Leader
- Authority to Leave (shipping industry)
- Authority to Load (commercial trade)
- Automated Tax Law
- Automated Test Library
- Automatic Tape Library
- Aviation Traders Limited
- Hartsfield International Airport (Atlanta, Georgia)
- Atlantic Regional Command East
- Atlantic Regional Command West
- Atlantic Strategic Command
- Adaptive Traffic Load Carrier-Sense Multiple Access
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia/Lymphoma
Samples in periodicals archive:
Qualstar Corporation (Nasdaq:QBAK), a manufacturer of automated tape storage solutions, has announced its new RLS-4470 rack mounted automated tape library, which enables companies to store more than 18 terabytes (TB) of corporate-critical information in a minimum of space.
SATA disks are just now being positioned as a new level in the storage hierarchy between online disk storage and Nearline or automated tape library storage.