This moist wound environment is beneficial for production of autologous growth factors (cytokines) and maintenance of naturally-occurring growth factors essential for cell development, enables better macrophage activation and assists with autolytic debridement of the wound surface.
What does AGF stand for?
AGF stands for Autologous Growth Factor
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AGF
We have 68 other meanings of AGF in our Acronym Attic
- Arbeitsgemeinschaft Fuzer (gaming clan)
- Army Ground Forces
- Array Green's Function
- Artificial Ground Freezing
- Asian Games Federation (est. 1949)
- Asociación Guatemalteca de Franquicias (Spanish: Guatemalan Franchise Association; Guatemala)
- Associated Grocers of Florida
- Assume Good Faith
- Assurances Générales de France
- Atlas Geo File (GIS Software Format)
- Automatic Guided Flight
- Average Gain Factor
- Aviation Guided Flight
- Miscellaneous Command Ship (US Navy ship designation)
- A Great Friend Always
- Actien-Gesellschaft für Anilin Fabrikationen (German-Belgian industrial enterprise)
- Aktiengesellschaft für Anilinfabrikation
- All Good Funk Alliance (hip hop group)
- Asociación Guatemalteca para la Familia de las Americas (Guatemalan Association for the Family of the Americas)
- Asymptotic Green Function Approximation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Platelet Rich Plasma: A Source of Multiple Autologous Growth Factors for Bone Grafts.
Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for the two key products in a system which is used for intraoperative collection of Autologous Growth Factors (AGF).
AGF, or Autologous Growth Factors, is a concentrate of growth factors that enhances bone growth and healing which is derived from platelets in a patients' blood.
At present, CTI manages or has contracts to manage more than 50 Wound Care Centers throughout the United States which provide patients with a comprehensive multifaceted approach to wound healing including, in some cases, the use of Procuren(R) therapy, a complex mixture of autologous growth factors isolated from a patient's blood.
Finally, we received FDA clearance for our products used to collect Autologous Growth Factors.
We were very gratified at the positive response we received regarding the use of Autologous Growth Factors.
BW HealthWire)--May 28, 1998--Interpore Cross International (Nasdaq NM: BONZ) today announced that a key patent has been issued to the company's strategic partner which furthers the company's proprietary position for its Autologous Growth Factor (AGF) program.