Treatment options include redirectional osteotomy, arthroscopic and open debridement and microfracture, mosaicplasty, biological resurfacing with periosteum or autologous chondrocyte implantation and, finally, prosthetic resurfacing and total hip arthroplasty.
What does ACI stand for?
ACI stands for Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACI
We have 486 other meanings of ACI in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Construction Inspectors (Palm Springs, CA)
- Associative Computing, Inc. (now Associative Cognition, Inc.)
- AT Command Interpreter
- Audio Concepts, Inc.
- Audit Committee Institute
- Augmentative Communication Inc.
- Aurora Cable Internet
- Auto Collision, Inc. (Jessup, MD)
- AutoCAD Color Index
- Autodesk Certified Instructor (software)
- Automated Coding of Invoices
- Automated Criminal Investigation
- Automatic Card Identification
- Automatic Channel Installation
- Automatic Closure and Interlock
- Automatic Component Insertion
- Automation Creations, Inc (Blacksburg, Virginia)
- Automobile Club d'Italia
- Autonomy Content Infrastructure
- Avataq Cultural Institute
Samples in periodicals archive:
Called autologous chondrocyte implantation, the procedure has outperformed microfracture surgery in some studies, but some patients need follow-up surgery and a nine-year study of implantation patients found that 30 percent didn't improve.
Matrix- induced autologous chondrocyte implantation versus microfracture in the treatment of cartilage defects of the knee: a 2-year randomised study.
Consider autologous chondrocyte implantation a first-line treatment in the young patient with osteoarthritis of the knee who wants to regain the ability to perform physical labor or strenuous sports.
The technique, first developed in Sweden 15 years ago, is known as autologous chondrocyte implantation (ACI).
The procedure is known as autologous chondrocyte implantation or ACI, was originally pioneered in Sweden 15 years ago.
More information on autologous chondrocyte implantation for knee injuries is available at www.