1) Data on the potential utility of intratympanic steroids in autoimmune inner ear disease are limited to small case series, and no study has reported their use in VKH syndrome.
What does AIED stand for?
AIED stands for Autoimmune Inner Ear Disease
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AIED
We have 7 other meanings of AIED in our Acronym Attic
- Australian International Education Conference
- Automotive Industry Export Council (South Africa)
- Acute Infective Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis
- Ashland Inc. Employees Credit Union
- Aland Island Eye Disease
- Area Interdisciplinaria de Estudios del Deporte
- Artificial Intelligence in Education
- Asistencia Integral de Enfermería a Domicilio
- Associate of the Institution of Engineering Designers
- Associazione Italiana per l'Educazione Demografica
- Artificial Intelligence for Engineering Design, Analysis, and Manufacturing
- American Indian Economic Development Fund (St. Paul, MN)
- Asian Institute for Economic Development and Planning (Thailand)
- Acute Infection and Early Disease Research Program
- Activity-Induced Energy Expenditure
- Aeronautical Imagery Exploitation Environment
- American Institute of Electrical Engineers (now IEEE)
- An Interactive Environment Engine (software)
- Association of International Educators
- Associazione Italiana Economisti dell'Energia (Italian: Italian Association of Energy Economists)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Abstract We describe 2 cases of bilateral Meniere disease with features resembling autoimmune inner ear disease in patients who were found to be carriers of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) B27.
The best overall responses were seen in 2 patients with Cogan's syndrome and 1 patient with clinical autoimmune inner ear disease.
These 3 patients subsequently developed symptoms in the opposite ear, and they were tentatively diagnosed with bilateral Meniere's disease or autoimmune inner ear disease.
COCH5B2 is a target antigen of anti-inner ear antibodies in autoimmune inner ear diseases.
On the other hand, I know that some rheumatologists are very careful when they prescribe methotrexate or cyclophosphamide for autoimmune inner ear disease, and they obtain consent after a fairly detailed discussion.