The Author's Note explains the unique place of the coca plant in Bolivian culture; the glossary is helpful as well.
What does AN stand for?
AN stands for Author's Note
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of AN
We have 50 other meanings of AN in our Acronym Attic
- Arrival Notice (shipping)
- Aryan Nations
- As Needed
- Ascending Node
- Assemblé Nationale (French Parliament)
- Associate Nurse
- Associated Number
- AstroNest (company)
- Atomic Number
- Auftragnehmer (German: contractor)
- Avian Nephritis
- Net Laying Ship (US Navy)
- Netherlands Antilles (top-level domain name)
- anorexia nervosa binge eating/purging type
- Anorexia Nervosa Purging type
- Anorexia Nervosa-Restricting Type
- Area of Necrosis/Area at Risk
- Anticipatory Nausea and/or Anticipatory Vomiting
- Army-Navy Fixed, Radar, Search (RADAR)
- Alaska Native/Native Hawaiian Institutions Assisting Communities
Samples in periodicals archive:
In the author's note, San Souci explains that his adaptation is a composite of 13 variants of the West Indian story.
Armstrong opens the anthology with a prelude and ends with detailed author's notes that offer biographical details about each of the writers; the latter tie into each author's biography with a musical flair.
Choldenko, author of Notes From a Liar and Her Dog, offers a sensitive portrait of autism and how it affects a family, and in a author's note at the end she discusses her research about life on Alcatraz and on autism, and mentions that her own sister has autism.
An Author's Note declares this novel draws on chronicles of real people.
A short but interesting author's note ends the audio.