The journal itself has changed substantially since it first appeared, in January 1962, as the Bulletin of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History.
What does ASSLH stand for?
ASSLH stands for Australian Society for the Study of Labour History
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Association des Sauveteurs Secouristes Jassanais (French)
- Association for the Social Scientific Study of Jewry (Brandeis University)
- Association Sportive Saint Jeannoise (French)
- Academic Support and Student Life (various schools)
- Academy of Science of St. Louis (scientific outreach, education, and recognition; est. 1856; St. Louis, MO)
- Advanced Solid State Lasers (annual meeting; optics)
- Agrani Satellite Services Ltd. (India)
- Astrophysics and Space Science Library
- Autonomic System Specification Language
- Advanced Solid State Laser Conference
- Adnan Saygun Sanat Merkezi
- Advanced Sales Support Manager
- alt.sex.stories moderated (forum)
- Anti-Surface Ship Missile
- Artisanal and Small-Scale Mining
- Association of State Supervisors of Mathematics
- Association for the Study of Systemic Sclerosis and Fibrosing Diseases
- Acid Sulfate Soils Management Plan (Australia)
- American Society for Surface Mining and Reclamation
- Alberta Society of Surveying and Mapping Technologies (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sue Tracey Secretary, Sydney Branch Australian Society for the Study of Labour History * There may have been a third political assassination: some assert that the 1928 death at Coogee of Hyman Goldstein MLA was not an accident or suicide but murder committed by the former NSW Minister for Justice, Thomas Ley.
The Eric Fry Labour History Research Grant: The Canberra Region Branch of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History (ASSLH) and the National Institute for Social Sciences and Law (NISSL) at the Australian National University (ANU) invite honours and postgraduate students to apply for a $1,000 grant to do research at the Noel Butlin Archives Centre (NBAC), based at the ANU in Canberra.
ADAMS, Mel, Sam Lewis memorial booklet, NSW Teacher's Federation, 1976, 920 LEW ALEXANDER, Hal; Griffiths, Phil, A few rough reds: stories of rank and file organising Australian Society for the Study of Labour History, Canberra Regional Branch, 2003, 331.
16-98; Julie Kimber and Peter Love, 'The time of their lives', in Julie Kimber and Peter Love (eds), The Time of Their Lives: The Eight Hour Day and Working Life, Australian Society for the Study of Labour History, Melbourne, 2007, pp.
61], November, 1991), Australian Society for the Study of Labour History, Sydney, 1991, were about one side of the Tasman or the other.
Apart from their important scholarly exertions, Gollan, together with Eric Fry (and non-Marxist Bede Nairn), was largely responsible for creating the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History in 1961, and the next year the first edition of Labour History appeared.
Less attention has been paid to a range of working-class political activists, union officials, or working-class lives, despite the dedication of the Australian Society for the Study of Labour History to encouraging research and writing on all facets of working-class experience.