Dr Dan Svantesson of the Australian Privacy Foundation told a state inquiry into sexting that the practice, creating and sharing sexually explicit images online and via electronic devices, is "not a myth and it's not an epidemic, it's somewhere in between.
What does APF stand for?
APF stands for Australian Privacy Foundation
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of APF
We have 203 other meanings of APF in our Acronym Attic
- Associaçao Portuguesa de Fisioterapeutas
- Associated Press Financial News
- Association des Paralysés de France
- Association for the Propagation of the Faith
- Atchayapathra Foods (est. 2018)
- Atlanta Police Foundation
- Atomic Packing Factor (the fraction of unit cell occupied by atoms in material science)
- Audio Peaking Filter
- Australian Parachute Federation
- Australian Pharmaceutical Formulary
- Authorized Program Facility
- Automatic Pressure Filter
- Automatic Purge Filtration (KitchenAid)
- Auxiliary Particle Filter
- Availability Planning Form
- Azerbaijan Popular Front (political party)
- Azim Premji Foundation (India)
- Naples, FL, USA (Airport Code)
- Active Path First with Potential Backup Cost
- Abortion Providers' Federation of Australasia
Samples in periodicals archive:
The committee has also recommended the attorney general consult with a wider range of stakeholders before pursuing any proposal further, including the Australian Privacy Foundation.
Australian Privacy Foundation 2004; Privacy NSW 2004).
It has sparked the Australian Privacy Foundation to lobby O'Connor to rule out charging youth for sexting, and not follow US moves, where prosecutors want to charge a teenager with child pornography offences for appearing topless in a text message.
Speaking to Computerworld, Australian Privacy Foundation chairman Dr Robert Clarke said the privacy incursion bordered on illegal.