Lessard, who works for the Australian National Insect Collection in Canberra, said the 12mm long insect was the all-time diva of flies, mainly because of its striking gold colour.
What does ANIC stand for?
ANIC stands for Australian National Insect Collection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ANIC
We have 14 other meanings of ANIC in our Acronym Attic
- Associação Nacional das Indústrias de Biscoito (Portuguese: National Association of Cookie Industries)
- Australia National Institute of Business (Woolloongabba, Australia)
- Aneurysm, Intracranial Berry, 1
- Association for Neurologically Impaired Brain Injured Children (Oakland Gardens, NY)
- Associazione Nazionale Italiana Buying Office (National Italian Association)
- American National Insurance Company
- Anosmia, Isolated Congenital
- Association of Northern Ireland Colleges (UK)
- ATM Network Interface Card (Cisco)
- Australian National Imams Council (Islamic body)
- Adjuvant Nutritional Intervention in Cancer
- Alaska Native Industries Cooperative Association, Inc
- Associazione Nazionale Industrie Cinematografiche Audiovisive e Multimediali (Italian: National Association of Film, Audiovisual and Multimedia Industries; est. 1945)
- Associazione Nazionale Italiana Cavallo Arabo (Italian: Italian National Association of Arabian Horses)
- Atmospheric Nutrient Input to Coastal Areas
- Australian Network of Industry Careers Advisers (now Career Advice Australia)
- Association Nationale Interprofessionnelle Caprine (French)
- Associazione Nazionale Industriali Conserve Alimentari Vegetali (Italian: National Association of Industrial Canned Food Plant; Italy)
- Asian Network for the International Criminal Court (various nations)
- Association of Northern Ireland Car Clubs
Samples in periodicals archive:
The AutoStage system was developed by New Zealand's Massey University, and will be used by scientists from CSIRO, the Atlas of Living Australia and the Australian National Insect Collection (ANIC).
Like the Australian National Insect Collection, it now provides a crucial data bank for researchers working to protect Australia's natural heritage.
`Australia is a mega-diverse continent with an advanced scientific infrastructure and skilled taxonomists, and CSIRO Entomology holds the Australian National Insect Collection (ANIC), an invaluable research resource.
He was appointed director of the Australian National Insect Collection in 1990 and began promoting the importance of systematics, (the management of biodiversity data), and the communication of scientific results through publishing.
Nor would the book have been possible without the resources of the Australian National Insect Collection, and its staff, including Ted Edwards and Murray Upton, editors of the book.
A book born in childhood DR DAVID RENTZ, curator of Orthopteroid Insects at CSIRO Entomology's Australian National Insect Collection in Canberra, has been studying grasshoppers since the age of six.