The book is available through Teaching Aids at Low Cost (TALC), thanks to a grant from the Australian Medical Association of Queensland Foundation.
What does AMA stand for?
AMA stands for Australian Medical Association
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMA
We have 503 other meanings of AMA in our Acronym Attic
- Association des Musulmans d'Afrique (French)
- Association for Manitoba Archives (Winnipeg, MB, Canada)
- Association for Model Aviation
- Association Motocycliste Alternative (French: Alternative Motorcycle Association)
- Association of Members' Advocates (Wikipedian voluntary group; formerly Office of Members' Advocates)
- Association of Miniature Artists
- Association of Municipal Administrators (Canada)
- Atlanta Maritime Association (Atlanta, GA)
- Ausiliarie Missionarie Agostiniane (French)
- Austin Moore Arthroplasty (hip reconstruction)
- Automated Message Accounting
- Automatic Memory Allocation
- Automatic Message Accounting
- Automobile Manufacturers Association
- Average Minute Audience (entertainment metric)
- Azienda Municipale Ambiente (Rome, Italy)
- Azimuth Motor Assembly
- American Medical Association Enterprise Information Base
- Atlas Motor Analyzer
- Office of Assistant Manager-Security Transition Program Office
Samples in periodicals archive:
This resulted in an outburst from the Australian Medical Association declaring herbs as drugs are potentially dangerous and placing greater restrictions on access to herbs and herbal material by herbalists.
But Dr Steve Hambleton, Australian Medical Association federal president, warned such drugs had the danger of "creating unattainable and unnecessary expectations in women".
4) The Australian Medical Association 2006 Code of Ethics goes a step further, expecting the doctor to "treat your patient with compassion and respect.
We anticipate the number of patients with infections to swell as food, water and sanitation continue to be compromised," the Australian Medical Association (AMA) warned.
htm> accessed 3 March 2010 (25) Australian Medical Association, AMA position statement on overseas trained doctors, 2004 <www.
But the Australian Medical Association and the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists called on the government to make more comprehensive reforms.
Leading adopters include the Australian Medical Association (Western Australia) and the Norwegian Electronic Health Library, Helsebiblioteket.