The Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU) said it was unacceptable that the cars were allowed into Australia, which has banned the importation or use of asbestos since 2004.
What does AMWU stand for?
AMWU stands for Australian Manufacturing Workers Union
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AMWU
We have 4 other meanings of AMWU in our Acronym Attic
- Assault Maneuver Weapon System (Xenosaga game)
- Association of Massachusetts Wetland Scientists
- Australian Music Web Site (music resource)
- Affiliate Marketing and Web Service Operations Co Ltd
- Affiliate Marketing by WSO (Web Studio One)
- Amalgamated Metal Workers and Shipwrights Union (Australia)
- Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Facility
- Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Project
- African Mine Workers' Union
- Amalgamated Metal Workers Union (Australia)
- Arizona Municipal Water Users Association
- Associated Mine Workers Union of Zimbabwe
- Abra Migrant Workers Welfare Association (Philippines)
- Alberta Municipal Water Wastewater Partnership (Alberta, Canada)
- Army Men World War Team Assault (game)
- Aeritalia Macchi Experimental (aircraft; Italy and Brazil)
- Aeromexico Aerovias de Mexico (ICAO code)
- Air Mobility Express
- Alabama Motor eXpress
- Amberjacks (FAO fish species code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In Australia, the union covering employees in all three companies is the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union (AMWU).
Last month, officials from the Australian Nursing Federation, the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union and the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union, along with five 457 visa workers, met with Minister for Immigration Chris Evans to urge a raft of changes as part of the Federal Government's review of the guest worker scheme.
Nov 23, 2006 Qantas Airways Australian Manufacturing Workers Union National Secretary Doug Cameron told The Australian that the union does not want the airline "treated as a plaything by merchant bankers and cashed-up equity consortiums.
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2006 M2 COMMUNICATIONS LTD The Australian Manufacturing Workers Union, which is the biggest single union that represents employees of Australia's Qantas Airways, has said that private equity owners could move 6,000 aircraft maintenance jobs from Australia to China if the airline's ownership changes.
The February 21 meeting of the ACTU's industrial relations campaign committee rejected a proposal for a mass protest in the first half of 2006, with only the Victorian Trades Hall Council, the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union and the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union supporting such a call.
Now a Melbourne-based researcher specialising in labour movements, Scott in the heady eighties was an officer with the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union who would advance in 1996 to advise Federal Labor in Opposition on employment and training.