At a recent Australian Computer Society (ACS) roundtable, I discussed the challenges young people have in entering a fast-moving industry where roles change so quickly compared to other industries, and how IT graduates maintain their relevance.
What does ACE stand for?
ACE stands for Australian Computer Society
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACE
We have 1419 other meanings of ACE in our Acronym Attic
- Atmospheric Collection Equipment
- Attempto Controlled English (linguistics)
- Attestato di Certificazione Energetica (Italian: Energy Performance Certificate)
- Attitude Control Electronics
- Attitude, Commitment, Excellence
- Auckland College of Education
- Audio-Connecting Equipment (ITU-T)
- Australasian Computing Education Conference
- Australian College of Educators
- Australian Communication Exchange
- Australian Conference of Economists
- Autism Centers of Excellence (US NIH)
- Auto Club Europa eV
- Auto Credit Express (Auburn Hills, MI)
- Autodesk Certified Evaluator (software)
- Autoimmunity Centers of Excellence
- Automated Cable Expertise (AT&T)
- Automated Circuit Evaluation
- Automated Cluster Engine (Quester Tangent Corporation)
- Automated Commercial Environment (US Customs)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A study by the Australian Computer Society (ACS) released on Tuesday warned of the decline of number of local students who finished their ICT courses to just 4,547 in 2012 from 9,093 in 2003.
Mr Philipson also wrote a recent Connection Research report for the Australian Computer Society entitled Carbon and Computers: The Energy Consumption and Carbon Footprint of ICT Usage in Australia in 2010.
00 Paperback TK5105 Proceedings of an April 2009 international conference held in Gold Coast, Australia, organized by the Australian Computer Society and Engineers Australia acting through the Joint Board on Software Engineering and bringing together both academic research and industrial experience in software engineering.
Other qualifications: Chartered Institute of Marketing professional postgraduate diploma; Australian Computer Society diploma of information technology.
It also examines the role of the Australian Computer Society in facilitating this migration flow.
Richard Hogg, national president of the Australian Computer Society, said: "The loss of these jobs overseas creates a drain on the economy since unemployed professionals have less money to spend on consumer goods, don't pay taxes, and cost the government in social security payments.