The Australian Bureau of Meteorology has also warned the cyclone will bring more rainfall to the area than is expected for a tropical storm of this size.
What does ABOM stand for?
ABOM stands for Australian Bureau of Meteorology
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ABOM
We have 2 other meanings of ABOM in our Acronym Attic
- American Buddha Online Library
- Australia Be Online (consulting company)
- Australian Business Online (Australia)
- A-Bis Operations and Maintenance (SS7)
- AAHL (Australian Animal Health Laboratory) Board of Management
- Ada Bit-Oriented Message
- Advanced Bill of Materials (software)
- Advanced Boot Options Menu (Microsoft Windows)
- American Board of Obesity Medicine
- American Board of Opticianry Master
- Aviation Bill Of Material
- Apartment Building Owners and Managers Association (Chicago, IL)
- American Board of Minor Brain Injury
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (Evans, GA)
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Written Qualifying Examination
- Assistance Based on Need
- Active Network Backbone
- A Bookcase of National Geographic Magazines (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
This month's searing heat has seen temperatures rise so high the Australian Bureau of Meteorology has had to add new colours to its forecast chart to highlight levels above 54C.
Even though the temperatures are cooling in the south-east of the country and fires may ease, the Australian Bureau of Meteorology is forecasting 54 degrees Celsius in central Australia for next Monday.
They are suggesting that the whole composition and chemistry of the thermosphere might have changed and they way we come out of this solar minimum will tell us how it's changed," ABC Science quoted Dr Phil Wilkinson, of the Ionospheric Prediction Service, with the Australian Bureau of Meteorology, as saying.
The theoretical component is based on a 40-lecture course for senior undergraduate- and graduate-level students comparable to the Australian Bureau of Meteorology graduate training course for weather forecasters.
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology and AusAID have collaborated on a $3 million, three-year project to help 10 Pacific island countries improve their long-range climate predictions for planning in areas that may be affected by climate shift, such as health and water supply.
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology is predicting the country's short-term drought that has starved the growing areas of rainfall since mid-2006 will break sometime between March and May.