4 million) landing strip near Casey and the Australian Antarctic Division said they were looking at alternatives.
What does AAD stand for?
AAD stands for Australian Antarctic Division (Australia's Antarctic program)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of AAD
We have 177 other meanings of AAD in our Acronym Attic
- Army Air Defense
- Army Automation Directorate
- Assigned Altitude Deviation
- Assistant Area Director (various locations)
- Assistant Athletic Director
- Associate Art Director
- Atomic Absorption Detector
- Attitude Anomaly Detector
- Austin Association of the Deaf (Texas)
- Australian Airconditioning Distributors (various locations)
- Authorized AutoCAD Dealer
- Automated Application Development (software development)
- Automatic Activation Device
- Automatic Actuation Device
- Automatic Adaptive Detection
- Automotive Analysis Division (University of Michigan)
- Average Absolute Deviation
- Aviation Accident Database (US NTSB)
- Azure Active Directory (Microsoft)
- Army Air Defense Brigade Fire Direction Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2008 the Australian Antarctic Division issued a special edition facsimile copy of the 1939 map of the whole of Antarctica, together with an original accompanying handbook and names index.
The two icebergs are drifting together about 100 to 150km off eastern Antarctica following the collision on February 12 or 13, Neal Young, an Australian Antarctic Division glaciologist, told The Associated Press news agency.
In January 2009 the Australian Antarctic Division reported a record five cruise ships carrying over 400 visitors visited the site of the Mawson's Huts in Cape Denison, base of one of the most significant expeditions in Antarctic history.