And the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992 made it clear that a citizen can use digital audio tape players or other similar gadgets to record digital music for personal, noncommercial use.
What does AHRA stand for?
AHRA stands for Audio Home Recording Act
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of AHRA
We have 19 other meanings of AHRA in our Acronym Attic
- Average Heart Rate
- Average House Rate (hospitality)
- Average Hull Roughness (sailing)
- Aviemore Highland Resort, Ltd. (Scotland, UK)
- Acton Hot Rod Association (UK)
- Advanced Helmet Sight Reticle Assembly
- American Healthcare Radiology Administrators
- American Home Recording Act
- American Hot Rod Association
- Arabian Horse Registry of America
- Automatic Header Rate Adjustment
- Arizona Historical Records Advisory Board
- Assisted Human Reproductive Agency of Canada
- African Health Research and Academic Institutions (African Partnership Conference)
- Arts and Humanities Research Board
- Afghan Human Rights Commission
- Albanian Human Rights Centre
- American Harlequin Rabbit Club
- American Himalayan Rabbit Club
- American Homeowners Resource Center
Samples in periodicals archive:
In a letter to two prominent music industry lobbyists, the congressman invoked the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992, which taxes recording equipment and storage media, passing the take along to record companies.
Under the Audio Home Recording Act of 1992, the company contends, any noncommercial copying of music is fair use and thus legal.
The Association - backed by the many of the largest record companies - claimed the device violated the Audio Home Recording Act, which imposes restrictions on consumer recording audio devices.