In the early 1970s, the company designed, developed and manufactured the Tornado Secondary Attitude and Heading Reference system, which functions as a backup navigation system and sensor for flight control.
What does AHRS stand for?
AHRS stands for Attitude and Heading Reference System
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AHRS
We have 15 other meanings of AHRS in our Acronym Attic
- Association of Reproductive Health Professionals
- Army Human Research Protections Office (US DoD)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (formerly Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; US HHS)
- Aryl Hydrocarbon Receptor Repressor (oncology)
- Australian Historic Records Register
- Arizona Hospitality Research and Resource Center (Northern Arizona University)
- Accenture Human Resource Services
- Altitude Heading Reference System
- Army Human Resources System
- Attempted Hours (educational transcript)
- Attitude Heading Reference System
- Auditory Hallucinations Rating Scale
- Automatic Heading Reference System
- Ad Hoc Red Snapper Advisory Panel (Gulf of Mexico Fishery Management Council; Tampa, FL)
- Alcohol Harm Reduction Strategy for England (UK)
- Accelerated Hyperfractionated Radiation Therapy
- Additional Hotel Room Tax (BC, Canada)
- All Hazards Response Training
- Appropriate Health Resources and Technologies Action Group (now Healthlink Worldwide)
- American Hairless Rat Terrier Club
Samples in periodicals archive:
LOS ANGELES -- BAE Systems has begun delivering Replacement Attitude and Heading Reference Systems (R-AHRS) to improve the reliability and performance of U.
The Crossbow AHRS500GA is a high performance, solid-state attitude and heading reference system intended for general aviation aircraft.
Crossbow's VG400CB, AHRS400CB, and the AHRS500CB are the latest members of the company's solid-state attitude and heading reference systems that combine the functionality of a high-performance IMU (inertial measurement unit) with vertical and directional gyro capabilities.
a leading provider of magnetic, inertial and sensor based systems for avionics and aviation industries, today introduced its new AHRS500GA solid-state attitude and heading reference system for general aviation.
Litton's Guidance and Control Systems division, with headquarters in Woodland Hills, is a world-class designer and producer of inertial navigation systems, tactical data systems, integrated display systems, mission computers for helicopters and fighter aircraft, attitude and heading reference systems, communication control systems and integrated avionics systems for all classes of military vehicles and weapons.
TELDIX also supplies integrated navigation and attitude and heading reference systems for ships, submarines and other naval platforms.