The CERD is considering a submission from the International Indian Treaty Council and the Mushkegowuk People of Attawapiskat First Nation.
What does YAT stand for?
YAT stands for Attawapiskat (airport designator)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of YAT
We have 19 other meanings of YAT in our Acronym Attic
- Yet Another Stupid Topic
- Youth Ability in Skilled Trades (Canadian Council on Rehabilitation and Work)
- Yet Another System Tray Icon
- Yet Another Schedule Update
- Yet Another SecuROM Utility
- Yet Another Stupid User
- Yorkshire Adult School Union (UK)
- Youth Against Substance Use (Pennsylvania)
- Yet Another Stock Watcher (software)
- Youth Association South Yorkshire (UK)
- Yet Another TLA (three letter acronym)
- York Archaeological Trust (est. 1972; York, England, UK)
- Young Actors Theatre
- Youth Against Tobacco
- Youth Asset Team
- York Area Transportation Authority
- Young Australians Tourism Association (Perth, Australia)
- Youth Access to Alcohol (Alcohol Advisory Council of New Zealand; New Zealand)
- Youth Atlantic Treaty Association
- Yugoslav Anti-Tuberculosis Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
He points out that only after Attawapiskat Chief and council brought the issue to the attention of the general Canadian public did Aboriginal and Northern Affairs Canada step in and take action.
A Cree community of 1,900 people situated on the western coast of James Bay in Ontario, Attawapiskat is connected to the outside world only by air, water and, in winter, an ice road.
If De Beers Canada goes ahead with development of a proposed diamond mine in northern Ontario, the project should result in a number of economic spin-offs for Attawapiskat First Nation.
The people of Attawapiskat are the subject of a new film by world-renowned Abenaki documentary film maker Alanis Obomsawin.
Attawapiskat Catering Limited has been awarded the catering services contract at the De Beers Canada Victor site.