Rhinoliths cause rhinitis which may lead to complications including nasal polyps, atrophic rhinitis, septal perforation and oroantral fistula (2).
What does AR stand for?
AR stands for Atrophic Rhinitis (pig respiratory disease)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AR
We have 156 other meanings of AR in our Acronym Attic
- Assembleia da República (Portuguese parliament)
- Assessment Request
- Asset Reconciliation
- Assistant Referee (sports)
- Assistant Registrar
- Associate Referee (various organizations)
- Association Rules
- Atlantic Records (record label)
- Atmospheric Research
- Atmospheric Revitalization
Samples in periodicals archive:
Patients in this group have conditions of varying etiologies, such as vasomotor rhinitis, atrophic rhinitis, rhinitis medicamentosa, nonallergic rhinitis with eosinophilia, chronic rhinosinusitis, metabolic conditions, structural obstruction, and physical or chemical irritation of the nose.
3'4) These changes result in a decrease in defense activity, and they may also lead to crusting and/or atrophic rhinitis.
2) Postoperative complications of turbinate resection include bleeding, crusting, synechia formation, frontal duct stenosis, anosmia, airflow changes, osteitis, cerebrospinal fluid leaks, atrophic rhinitis, and recurrence of hypertrophy.
Discussion Complete surgical closure of the nasal cavities for the treatment of atrophic rhinitis was first described by Young in 1967.
Atrophic rhinitis is a chronic nasal disease characterized by mucosal atrophy, resorption of the underlying bone, the formation of thick crusts, and a distinctive fetid odor.
Nasal manifestations were first reported by Kinnear in 1985 in a patient with atrophic rhinitis, chronic mucosal inflammation, and granuloma formation.