Three peptides from the atrial natriuretic factor prohormone amino terminus lower blood pressure and produce diuresis, natriuresis, and/or kaliuresis in humans.
What does pro ANF stand for?
pro ANF stands for Atrial Natriuretic Factor Prohormone
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Proper Ram-air Orientation (parachute packing method)
- Propuesta Republicana (Spanish: Republican Proposal; Argentina)
- Prospect Research Online (Canada)
- Protracted Refugee and Displaced Person Operations (until May 1998; see PRRO)
- Provo (Amtrak station code; Provo, UT)
- Public Record Office (British Archives)
- Public Relations Officer
- Public Relations Organization (various organizations)
- Publication Requirement Officer
- Pro Tempore (Latin: For the Time Being)
- Before, in Front of (Prefix)
- Presence or Absence of Coexistent Vasopressin Precursor
- Prospective Drug Utilization Review
- Progetti Emiliani (Italian marketing agency)
- Pre-OCONUS (Outside the Continental United States) Travel File (US Army)
- Pennsylvania Residential Owners Association
- Polarized Refrigerant Oil Additive
- Pretax Return on Assets
- Private Right of Action (legal term)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The N-terminus and a 4,000-MW peptide from the midportion of the N-terminus of the atrial natriuretic factor prohormone each circulate in humans and increase in congestive heart failure.