The natriuretic peptide family has 3 structurally related members: atrial natriuretic peptide (ANP)  [also called atrial natriuretic factor (ANF)], brain or B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP), and C-type natriuretic peptide (CNP) (1).
What does ANF stand for?
ANF stands for Atrial Natriuretic Factor
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ANF
We have 113 other meanings of ANF in our Acronym Attic
- Antofagasta, Chile - Cerro Moreno (Airport Code)
- Apalachicola National Forest (Florida)
- Appletalk Networking Forum
- Arbitrary-Node Failure
- Army News Features
- Arrival Notification Form
- Assessing the New Federalism
- Association d'Entraide de la Noblesse Française (French: French Nobility Aid Association)
- Association Niçoise Féline (French: Nice Feline Association; Nice, France)
- Atlantic Nuclear Force
- Auditory Nerve Fiber
- Australian Nursing Federation
- Automatic Number Forwarding
- Additional Network Feature - Common Information
- atrial natriuretic factor receptor of R2 subtype
- Academy of Neuroscience for Architecture
- Advanced Networking Forum Australia
- Affected Navy Family Assistance (US Navy; disaster victim support)
- Askew Nixon Ferguson Architects (Memphis, TN)
- Australian National Flag Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
Low dose infusion of atrial natriuretic factor in mild essential hypertension.
Physiological role of silent receptors of atrial natriuretic factor.
Atrial natriuretic factor in normal subjects and heart failure patients: plasma levels and renal, hormonal and hemodynamic responses to peptide infusion.
They described, for example, two ofthe new recombinant proteins designed to help heart patients: atrial natriuretic factor (ANF), a hormone capable of reducing blood pressure and water retention in people suffering from congestive heart failure and hypertension; and tissue plasminogen activator (tPA), a clot-dissolving enzyme that can reduce tissue damage after sudden heart attacks.
The substance was logically named atrial natriuretic factor.