NIST researchers are developing atomic force acoustic microscopy (AFAM) methods to quantitatively determine the elastic properties of thin films.
What does AFAM stand for?
AFAM stands for Atomic Force Acoustic Microscopy (imaging)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of AFAM
We have 17 other meanings of AFAM in our Acronym Attic
- Air Force Alternate Command Post
- Advanced Field Artillery Model
- Advanced Fresh Air Management (refrigeration; Thermo King)
- African American Civil War Memorial (US National Park Service)
- Air Force Achievement Medal
- Air Force Acquisition Model (early US DoD Acquisition Deskbook)
- Almost Family (est. 1976)
- Alta Formazione Artistica e Musicale (Italian: Higher Education in Art and Music)
- American Folk Art Museum (New York)
- Ancient Free and Accepted Mason
- ATRRS Funding Allocation Model
- Air Force Armament Museum Foundation (Florida)
- Al Frank Asset Management, Inc.
- Associate Fellow of the Australian Marketing Institute
- Asociación de Fabricantes de Muebles de Jalisco (Mexico)
- Asociacion de Familias y Mujeres del Medio Rural (Spanish)
- Air Force Automated Message Processing Exchange
- Air Force Advanced Mission Planning System
- Air Force Aerospace Medical Research Laboratory
- Air Force Agency for Modeling and Simulation
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NIST approach, called atomic force acoustic microscopy (AFAM), involves vibrating the cantilever at ultrasonic frequencies to excite mechanical resonances.