Average temperatures at the coldest point in the stratosphere - about 16 kilometres above the tropics - have fallen by about 1 degree Celsius in the past decade, according to Bill Randel, who heads the atmospheric chemistry division at the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder.
What does ACD stand for?
ACD stands for Atmospheric Chemistry Division (NCAR)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ACD
We have 346 other meanings of ACD in our Acronym Attic
- Associação de Cooperação Para O Desenvolvimento (Portuguese: Association for Development Cooperation)
- Associate Creative Director
- Associate Cruise Degree (Cruise Lines International Association)
- Association Canadienne du Diabète (Canadian Diabetes Association)
- Association for Christian Development
- Association of Canadian Distillers (Association des Distillateurs Canadiens)
- Assumption College of Davao (Philippines)
- Asymptotic Conical Dipole
- Asynchronous Courseware Distribution
- Atmospheric Chemistry and Dynamics (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Brasseur, director of the atmospheric chemistry division at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) in Boulder, Colo.
2 have no idea that the other trace gases could contribute anything like carbon dioxide," says Ralph Cicerone, director of the atmospheric chemistry division at the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR).