The Atlanta Thrashers hockey team has been purchased by an owner who intends to move the National Hockey League franchise to Winnipeg, returning the sport to the capital of Manitoba, Canada, for the 2011-2012 season.
What does ATL stand for?
ATL stands for Atlanta Thrashers (NHL hockey)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of ATL
We have 226 other meanings of ATL in our Acronym Attic
- Approved Textbook List (Singapore)
- Aqua Tourisme Loisirs (French tourism company)
- Archer Technicoat Ltd (High Wycombe, UK)
- Arkkitehtitoimistojen Liitto RY (Finnish: Association of Finnish Architects' Offices RY)
- Artificial Transmission Line
- Assistant Team Leader
- Assistive Technology Lab
- Assistive Technology Library (Minnesota)
- Association of Teachers and Lecturers (UK)
- Association Tutélaire de Lozère (French: Guardianship Association of Lozère; Lozère, France)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Matthew Coller The Atlanta Thrashers have been one of the NHL's biggest early season surprises.