Ninety-nine percent of the women I work with want to learn about every health option that's available to them, and I mean every option," says Linda Ellis, executive director of the Atlanta Lesbian Cancer Initiative.
What does ALCI stand for?
ALCI stands for Atlanta Lesbian Cancer Initiative (Atlanta, GA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of ALCI
We have 12 other meanings of ALCI in our Acronym Attic
- Analog Line Conditioning Group
- Allocation Channel
- American Legion Community Hospital
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Atomic Location by Channeling-Enhanced Microanalysis
- Airlines Line Control Interface
- American Council of Life Insurers
- American Language and Culture Institute (various universities)
- Appliance Leakage Circuit Interrupter
- Association of Landscape Contractors of Ireland
- ALSEP Computer Input Multiplexer
- Asset Life Cycle Information Management
- APEC Local Cultural Industry Virtual Exposition (Asia)
- Adorama Lens Cleaning Kit (trademark of Adorama Inc.)
- Alpha-Acetyl-L-Lysine Chloromethyl Ketone (biochemistry)
- Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Angiotropic Large Cell Lymphoma (oncology)
- Asian Leasing Corporation Limited (Pakistan)
- Assembly Line Communications Link
- Association of London Chief Librarians (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Partners are crucial, but they tend to be left out," says Linda McGehee, a cofounder of the Atlanta Lesbian Cancer Initiative and a professor of nursing at Georgia State University who has studied lesbians with breast cancer.
Linda McGehee, a cofounder of the Atlanta Lesbian Cancer Initiative, notes that her organization was helped when Bob Putnam, the head of an Atlanta production company, produced a play about breast cancer and donated portions of the proceeds to her group.