The team demonstrated, for the first time, that mice deficient in the Wip1 gene were resistant to weight gain and atherosclerosis via regulation of the Ataxia telangiectasia mutated gene (ATM) and its downstream signalling molecule mTor.
What does ATM stand for?
ATM stands for Ataxia Telangiectasia Mutated (gene)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ATM
We have 419 other meanings of ATM in our Acronym Attic
- Association des Tondeurs de Moutons (French: Association of Sheep Shearers)
- Association of Teachers of Mathematics
- Association of Texas Midwives
- Association of Textile Manufacturers
- Association Tunisienne des Mères (Tunisian Mother's Association)
- Associazione Trevisani nel Mondo (Treviso, Italy)
- Asynchronous Transfer Mode (broadband switching and transmission technology)
- At The Moment
- At the Movies
- At-The-Money (options trading)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Notably, approximately 20% of these candidate genes have already been implicated in Mendelian diseases, including disease genes for rare forms of cancer susceptibility, such as the breast cancer susceptibility loci BRCA1 and BRCA2, neurofibromin 1 (NF1), retinoblastoma locus RB1, Wilms tumor locus WT1, and ataxia telangiectasia mutated (ATM).