The asymptomatic carotid atherosclerosis study (ACAS) randomised 1 662 patients and showed that the 5-year risk of ipsilateral stroke, perioperative stroke and death was reduced from 11% to 5.
What does ACAS stand for?
ACAS stands for Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACAS
We have 119 other meanings of ACAS in our Acronym Attic
- Application Control Architecture Services (DEC)
- Arizonans Concerned about Smoking
- Army Commissary Automated System
- Asian Community AIDS Services
- Assistant Chief of Air Staff
- Associate Contracting Assistance Specialist
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Association for Critical Animal Studies
- Association of Concerned Africa Scholars
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (software; US DoD)
- Australian Crop Accreditation System
- Automated Cable Analyzer System
- Automated Circuit Assurance, Short
- Automated Commissary Accounting System
- Automatic Collision Avoidance System
- AUTOVON Central Alarm System
- Ackoff Center for the Advancement of the System Approach
- Archives of the Chinese Art Society of America
- Arizona County Attorneys and Sheriffs Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Samples in periodicals archive:
Data from the Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study (ACAS) suggest that with endarterectomy, the restenosis rates are high at 5%-10%.
In the Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study, the rate was 1.