The asymptomatic carotid atherosclerosis study (ACAS) randomised 1 662 patients and showed that the 5-year risk of ipsilateral stroke, perioperative stroke and death was reduced from 11% to 5.
What does ACAS stand for?
ACAS stands for Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of ACAS
We have 119 other meanings of ACAS in our Acronym Attic
- Application Control Architecture Services (DEC)
- Arizonans Concerned about Smoking
- Army Commissary Automated System
- Asian Community AIDS Services
- Assistant Chief of Air Staff
- Associate Contracting Assistance Specialist
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society
- Association for Critical Animal Studies
- Association of Concerned Africa Scholars
- Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (software; US DoD)
- Australian Crop Accreditation System
- Automated Cable Analyzer System
- Automated Circuit Assurance, Short
- Automated Commissary Accounting System
- Automatic Collision Avoidance System
- AUTOVON Central Alarm System
- Ackoff Center for the Advancement of the System Approach
- Archives of the Chinese Art Society of America
- Arizona County Attorneys and Sheriffs Association (Phoenix, AZ)
- Arkansas Coalition Against Sexual Assault
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study (ACAS) provided more substantial evidence for the role of surgery.
Data from the Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study (ACAS) suggest that with endarterectomy, the restenosis rates are high at 5%-10%.
In the Asymptomatic Carotid Atherosclerosis Study, the rate was 1.